Friday, July 15, 2011

Kildee Announces Retirement

From: Hotline On Call

Rep. Dale Kildee, D-Mich., will not seek reelection in 2012, his office announced Friday. He was first elected to Congress in 1976.

"After careful consideration, I have decided to retire at the end of this term to enjoy more time with my wife, three children and ten grandchildren," Kildee said in a statement. "Now that the new congressional maps have been approved by the Michigan State Legislature, I am confident that the 5th district will remain in Democratic hands and that it is an appropriate time to announce my retirement. While I know I would be able to win re-election in the new 5th district, I've decided that after 36 years in Congress it is time to retire."

"This has not been an easy decision," Kildee added. "I have worked hard for the people of the 5th District and will continue to work hard for the remaining eighteen months of my present term of office. It has been my honor and privilege to work for the people of Michigan in the Michigan State Legislature and the United States Congress for the past forty seven years."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

wibiya widget