Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Olver Won't Seek Reelection in 2012

From: Hotline On Call

Rep. John Olver, D-Mass., will not seek reelection in 2012 -- sparing Bay State Democrats from an uncomfortable situation next year as the state loses a seat in reapportionment.

In announcing his decision, Olver said his family played a large role in his decision, too: his wife, Rose, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer earlier this year.

"Last December, I announced that I intended to seek to continue my congressional service beyond 2012. Over the past six months, circumstances within my family have substantially changed, and I now find I must reconsider my earlier decision," Olver said in a statement. "Therefore, I will retire from the House of Representatives at the conclusion of the current (112th) Congress."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

wibiya widget